AWB and release of goods

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
picant

AWB and release of goods

Post by picant » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Pals,

Liability for a bank that, indicated on AWB as consignee, without prior permission, authorizes the Airline Company to deliver of the goods under exporter invoice copy, supplied by the importer and the collection received later from the exporter's bank shows different invoice details in terms and in amount:

-Invoice presented 30% advanced payment, 50% CAD at sight, 20% at 30 days, invoice received 30% advanced payment, 70% CAD at sight.

IMHO, all it is outside the URC 522, but if you have experience I will gladly share it with you.

Thanks and regards

Ciao

phani10
First Name: Durga
Last Name: Phani
Organization: HSBC
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

answer

Post by phani10 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:39 am

picant wrote:Hi Pals,

Liability for a bank that, indicated on AWB as consignee, without prior permission, authorizes the Airline Company to deliver of the goods under exporter invoice copy, supplied by the importer and the collection received later from the exporter's bank shows different invoice details in terms and in amount:

-Invoice presented 30% advanced payment, 50% CAD at sight, 20% at 30 days, invoice received 30% advanced payment, 70% CAD at sight.

IMHO, all it is outside the URC 522, but if you have experience I will gladly share it with you.

Thanks and regards

Ciao
Bank assumes no liability if the documents handled under URC 522 .

As of the other case if the payment terms shows that the importer bank would have to check that whether the 30 % advance has been paid by the importer and then book for the 70% . After booking while releasing the documents . it has to pay 50 % immediately and subsequently should taken an undertaking in terms of promissory note from the importer that on 30th day the importer will pay the balance payment