How can a documentary collection be amended?

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
Gemini
First Name: gemini
Last Name: rahma
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

How can a documentary collection be amended?

Post by Gemini » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear experts,
Please give me example of how can a documentary collection amended ?
Thank You.

picant

New instructions

Post by picant » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Pal,

Collection remittance contains instructions for the collecting bank, but if something happens these could be modified by the remitting bank or somebody indicated as case of need(in specific limits allowed in the remittance). Swift MT430 field 74 list some instructions, but principal could give any new instructions concerning the collection.Extension of maturity, acceptance of partial payment, waiver of charges, protest just to mention a few.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

Gemini
First Name: gemini
Last Name: rahma
Organization: bank

Amendment in DC

Post by Gemini » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 am

Hi Picant,
here's an example. The seller send the docs (invoice,packing list, BL) to my bank to be collected. After i sent them to the paying bank, the seller come again and send a correction to the previous docs (i.e correction in invoice). Which i must do first ?
send the correct invoice to the paying bank immediately, or give notice at the first place throught SWIFT MT430 ?
this one still makes me confuse a little bit.
Thank you for your further explanation.

picant

Example

Post by picant » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Pal,

your bank received documents on collection, present them to you, may be by sending a letter a message or call you by phone. In the meantime the remitting bank advised your bank about a mistake in invoice, by MT430 or other means. Being the originary collection not already paid, new instructions prevails.
You are not allowed to accept it first, but you may refuse to take up documents without paying them. You will be responsible under a goods contract but not for no payment of collections. If you have already paid documents ,a successive amendment will be disregarded by the collecting bank.
See URC 522
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

vinodkoli
First Name: Vinod
Last Name: Koli
Organization: JPMorgan

Amendment in DC

Post by vinodkoli » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Amendment in DC can be by just simple letter by the customer. It has to be signed.