Misplace of collection documents

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
ASIF
First Name: ASIF
Last Name: BUTT
Organization: BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Misplace of collection documents

Post by ASIF » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 pm

I have send the collection documents to consignee bank through courier but due to mistake of courier officer documents misplaced.now ship is on destination port and consignee is bearing the demurage charges due to non availability of B/L.Please anyone can guide me regarding to this matter.

picant

misplaced

Post by picant » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Pal,

I undestood that the documents have been sent to a different collecting bank, so you could instruct it to pass the documents to another bank immediately, with some costs. If the goods have already arrived at destination, to avoid demurrage costs, may be is necessary to issue a bank guarantee for no presentation of the original bill of lading. I think a cooperation of the parties involved will be necessary to settle the matter soon.
So contact other parties and act consequently.
Let us know.
Ciao

aemrek
First Name: ha
Last Name: kan
Organization: Z Bank Ltd

cooperation

Post by aemrek » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 am

Hi Asif

If there is an established business between parties you might be able to sort it out. It sounds a mistake which anyone in the sector could face. Please write again about the matter. That will be a good experience as learners like me.

ASIF
First Name: ASIF
Last Name: BUTT
Organization: BANK

MISPLACE OF COLLECTION DOCUMENTS

Post by ASIF » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks Pal

I think you have given the proper solution of misplace B/L,but our exporter party is not ready for this treatment and creating the problems for us.it also brought to your under knowledge that both parties have good business relations.Please can you give me the any other solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Aynesworth
First Name: Aynesworth
Last Name: Aynesworth
Organization: US international

MISPLACE OF COLLECTION DOCUMENTS

Post by Aynesworth » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Dear picant, i am agree with your statement, same situation i had faced few weeks ago. but i got collection documents from different collecting bank.