Cheque drawn under URC 522

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
arifpervaiz

Post by arifpervaiz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:38 am

1) what is the max time period fo settlement of the clean collection ( Cheaque ) drawn under URC522. ( In case all in order)
2)Is thier any requirment/need for the collecting bank to obtian the acceptance/authority from the issuer of the cheaque before clearance of clean collection ( Cheque) drawn under urc522 if all thing in order and cleint also have a sufficient balance in the account.
3) Is there any obligation on the collecting bank if clean collection not seatteld. ( In case at the of presentation every thing is in order and client have sufficent balance in the account as well and due to collecting bank negelegation drawee withdrew all of his money after the presentation of clean collection)

Regards

Arif Pervaiz

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

responsibility of banks

Post by shahriar » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:54 pm

dear arif,

1) there is no standard time frame for this. its governed by the "reasonable time" i think. :)
2) no there is no such requirement. A cheque is a instruction to pay; unconditional. if there is balance and there is no stop payment instruction you must honor even if the client request you to delay it unofficially.
3)actually i dont think URC really deal with this issue. anyway, i think the collecting bank has any responsibility. when somebody issues a cheque, its his duty to ensure that there is sufficient fund in the account; no matter when the cheque is placed. its in no way banks responsibility to perform the job of police

regd

shahriar

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

clean collection

Post by nesarul » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 am

Dear,
Query one
1) what is the max time period fo settlement of the clean collection ( Cheaque ) drawn under URC522. ( In case all in order)
My comment:
No such specific rule is in URC-522... but validity of cheque are national issue vary from country to country...
however in case of dishonour of cheque by paying bank, i think we can apply sub-article 26(3):
"
The presenting bank must send without delay advice of non-payment and/or advice of non-acceptance to the bank from which it received the collection instruction.

On receipt of such advice the remitting bank must give appropriate instructions as to the further handling of the documents. If such instructions are not received by the presenting bank within 60 days after its advice of non-payment and/or non-acceptance, the documents may be returned to the bank from which the collection instruction was received without any further responsibility on the part of the presenting bank.
Nesar

mentis
First Name: Doka
Last Name: Rosso
Organization: İstanbul BB.

restirictions

Post by mentis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 am

There is no max time for collection but that is not reasonable, I think. There should be some restirictions.

sesha
First Name: Sesha
Last Name: Sayee
Organization: Deutsche Bank

restriction

Post by sesha » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm

There is no restriction in timings with regard to collection and it is not necessary as this is not an obligatin of any bank in the cycle unless avalised.