Copy of Shipping Document received for releasing payment

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
Tareq
First Name: Isratul
Last Name: Tareq
Organization: Standard Chartered
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Copy of Shipping Document received for releasing payment

Post by Tareq » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Dear Expert,

We (Collecting Bank) have received a few of shipping documents under Documentary collection where photocopy of bill of lading submitted and port of loading & port of Discharge are at Hong kong and Pakistan respectively. But the Applicant which is International company and of whose favour the document we received is situated in Bangladesh. That is goods are not shipped at port of Bangladesh but payment will be released from here.
Now, my question is-Is there any problem to make payment from a third country(e.g. Bangladesh) which actually not received the goods.
If copy of shipping Documents sent for documentary collection, As a collecting Bank can we execute the transaction? Is there any minimum checking points in such a document?

Please help to clarify.

picant

Domestic Rules

Post by picant » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi Pal,

Depending on laws and foreign exchange reguilation a resident in one Country may operate worldwide. Trader i n Switzerland may buy and sell goods everywhere. From Customs point of view there are transit direct or indirect,
direct: goods touch the Country boundary, indirect they travel outside.
In Italy, it is possible , I dont know in your Country.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao