questions related to transferable credit

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
berry

Post by berry » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 pm

dear all,

i am having some difficulties in understanding transferable credit operation. please help.

1. UCP says that a issuing bank may be a transferring bank. is it in addition to a nominated transferring bank? if yes, then rest of the questions are -
2. a letter of credit is confirmed by the transferring bank. if the issuing bank transfer the credit, does the second beneficiary enjoys the protection of the confirmation?
3. a letter of credit is confirmed by the transferring bank. if the issuing bank wants to transfer the credit, does it need to reach an agreement with the confirming bank?

waiting for your help. exam is knocking at the door!

95shiweihong

re transferable credit

Post by 95shiweihong » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:15 pm

re transferable credit:
i suppose the issuing bank is not an addition to the transferring bank

SHAMEER

Post by SHAMEER » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:38 pm

If the L/c is transferable, The issuing bank must specify or nominate the name of the transferring bank incase that bank do not elect to transfer the L/c the bnfys may revert back to opening bank for transfer. The issuing bank has no obligation to transfer unless expressly agreed thereto.

Hope you may find all answers to your question in this reply.

iLC

well answered

Post by iLC » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:03 pm

well answered dear shameer

fionawang

Yes

Post by fionawang » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:52 am

Answers are Yes for the three questions in my opinion. But the situation you supposed is a little bit wield. I can not imagine when will these situation happen.