Consignee Different from DC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
VIVIAN001

Post by VIVIAN001 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 pm

DC called for B/L consigned to the order of ABC. B/L presented consigned to the order of XYZ but endorsed by XYZ to the order of ABC on the face of B/L. Is this a discrepancy? Why?

ok12

Not agreed

Post by ok12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi,

My view is this is not a discrepany. In any case, the title has already transferred to the said party as required by the credit.

Regards

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

no discrepancy

Post by jmitra » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:00 pm

the credit wants the goods to be consigned to the order of ABC. this does not mean that BL has to show to the order of ABC as the consignee. Bill of lading is a negotiable instrument and title of goods can be successfully be transferred to ABC

loankim
First Name: Loan
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: VIB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

any answers by ICC Banking Commission?

Post by loankim » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi,

i also think that is not a discrepancy, because B/L may be endorsed continually to different parties, and by doing that the title has already transferred to ABC as L/C required, but it's only my logic.
i don't find out the anwers in UCP or ISBP, pls share us such answers by ICC Banking Commission if you have!

rgds,

SHAMEER

Post by SHAMEER » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:07 pm

IT IS NOT A DISCREPANCY

XYZ endorsed to the order of ABC

Regards