Signature on insurance document

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
berry

Signature on insurance document

Post by berry » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 pm

dear all,

i am having too much problem with signatures. please have a look at the attached document. this is a signature on a insurance document. like the other cases, i feel this insurance document is discrepant. your valuable opinion please.
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (16.2 KiB) Viewed 1437 times

wongvv

On what is your feel based?

Post by wongvv » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 am

Hi !
i feel this insurance document is discrepant
Please stipulate what is the discrepancy actually before sharing our thoughts?

V.V.

berry

what i feel

Post by berry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm

:oops:

well i feel that a insurance document should be signed in the way of transport document. in case of any insurance document, the agent and proxy has to declare there capacity. unless one does not make it clear who is he signing for, then how can we apply this article? :?

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

i agree

Post by shahriar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:16 pm

well i agree with what you "feel" :D . a insurance document should be signed in similar fashion as that of bill of lading; capacity must be declared.

from the image produced, it appears that the insurance document is signed as authorized signature which in my opinion does not qualify. here is a quote from my collyer
The requirement is that the insurance document must appear to have been issued by the insurance company or the underwriter or their agents or proxies. Where it is signed for the insurance company or underwriter it must so evidence and their name. If an agent or proxy signs for the insurance company or underwriter then they need to sign indicating their name, capacity and the party on whose behalf they are signing.

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

part of insurance doc

Post by cristiand969 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 pm

On the basis on the cropped image alone, it is difficult to respond. I need to see all document!