Presenting Bank refusing a collection after presentation

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
Shing
First Name: Pcu
Last Name: Shings
Organization: n/a
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Presenting Bank refusing a collection after presentation

Post by Shing » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:28 am

I'd be interested in your opinion on the responsibilies and any liability on a presenting bank if they have made presentation to the drawee and acknowledged the collection to the remitting bank, but now refuse to handle the collection any further. The collection would be D/A and the draft may or may not have been accepted. Can we insist the bank handles the collection until maturity? or as it is only a collection, can they just return the docs and walk away?

berry

interesting question

Post by berry » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm

interesting question indeed. just need to know why the presenting bank is doing so. i mean there may be a reason which may in fact affect the answer.

Shing
First Name: Pcu
Last Name: Shings
Organization: n/a
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Interesting Question

Post by Shing » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 am

As we understand it, the drawee was until recently a customer of the presenting bank, but has recently left on poor terms, hence the presenting bank does not wish to continue their involvement in the collection.