nego and non-nego

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
vivian
First Name: vivian
Last Name: zhao
Organization: banking
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

nego and non-nego

Post by vivian » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi, expert

we received full set of B/L , nego copy made a correction , but non-nego did not do it , I think it is a discrep, however , the presenting bank states that this non-nego B/L just a photocopy of nego b/l , not issued by carrier, the carrier just issued 3/3 original b/l , the non-nego one is the photocopy made by bene .

so , is this a discrep??

vivian
tks

Lee
First Name: Lee
Last Name: S
Organization: AAA

Non-negotiable copies of B/L

Post by Lee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Vivian,

In my view, Non-negotiable (photocopies) does not require the corrections that has been made in the original.
Refer ISBP 110, it states clearly that non-negotiable copies does not require corrections/alterations
" Non-negotiable copies of bills of lading do not need to include any signature on, or
authentication of, any alterations or corrections that may have been made on the
original."

Therefore, this is not discrepancy.

Regards, Lee

Negotiator
First Name: Ivan
Last Name: Lee
Organization: N Bank

RE: nego and non-nego

Post by Negotiator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:02 am

Good quatation indeed Lee, but my interpretation is different a littile bit.

As ISBP Para 110 states, NN copies does not require authentication or signature of corrections or alternations (even if such copies show some corrections or alternations on themselves). However, I think this is a different meaning from "Non-negotiable copies of B/L does not reqiure same corrections or alternations as they appear on the original B/L" Whether authenticated or not, I think the copy B/L must reflect the corrections made on the original B/L.

More comments appreciated ;)
Lee