letter of indemnity

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
vijaymelathil
First Name: vijay
Last Name: kumaar
Organization: pioneerinc
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

letter of indemnity

Post by vijaymelathil » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi,
Recently I came across LOI document related gasoil shipment. In this, it is mentioned date of bill of lading as 08.08.2010. But LC mentioned latest date of shipment as 01.08.2010.I quoted the discrepency on seeing the BL date as "late shipment". But some argued with me that LOI is presented on behalf of the original documents - absence of original BL etc- I not supposed to raise the discrepency as late shipment.I refuted their arguements that LOI is having bl date so that I raised the discrepency. I am correct to raise this discrepency?
Regards/Vijay

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

One answer

Post by cristiand969 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 pm

No! You are not correct!
Although you must ensure that there is no conflict data on documents versus credit you do not have an 'ON BOARD' date on LOI to which you may realy on. The B/L date may be different of ON BOARD notation.

loankim
First Name: Loan
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: VIB

Not discrepant

Post by loankim » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi,

I think LOI isnt a transport document which indicated in art 19-25 under UCP 600, so when LC contains referrence to a latest date of shipment without stipulating the requirement for LOI indicating compliance with this condition then thats a non-document condition.
However, it is still checked under sub-article 14(d) which doesnt consider "shipment date" is the equivalent of "b/l date" to raise the discrepancy .
i also agree with Cristiand's answer !

rgds,