Partial Shipment

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Vishal Bhatt
First Name: Vishal
Last Name: Bhatt
Organization: Torrent
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Partial Shipment

Post by Vishal Bhatt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi,
need your views on this.
Partial Shipments are allowed under L/c.
L/c required a fixed no. of units of item to be exported.
Can I ship lesser quantity of units within the limit of 5% as per UCP 600 provisions?

Thanks !!

kadir
First Name: Kadir
Last Name: D
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Art. 30(b)

Post by kadir » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Vishal Bhatt wrote:Hi,
need your views on this.
Partial Shipments are allowed under L/c.
L/c required a fixed no. of units of item to be exported.
Can I ship lesser quantity of units within the limit of 5% as per UCP 600 provisions?

Thanks !!
i think your question regarding the tolerance is about the art.30 of UCP600, 30(b) : allows 5% more or less in quantity only But in your case, credit states the qty in terms of fixed number of units so 30 (b) isnot applicable for this case but you may ship lesser qty of units cause partial shipment is allowed in the l/c.
30(b): A tolerance not to exceed 5% more or 5% less than the quantity of the goods is allowed, provided the credit does not state the quantity in terms of a stipulated number of packing units or individual items and the total amount of the drawings does not exceed the amount of the credit
Rgrds
Kadir